Everyday on my way to work I see this man. He must be over 40 and is about two and a half feet tall. I guess he works at some grocery shop nearby. He must be very punctual coz in case I'm late on certain days I can see him way past the usual place where I see him. Even when it is raining cats and dogs , I see him. Sometimes people in cars are unable to see him and almost hit him. But he moves aside and carries on.

This man though a stranger to me has taught me so much. To each person, his own problems. But I really marvel this man's inner strength. I wonder what makes him go on and on. I wonder if he has a family to support or if he actually does have a family. I wonder if he has thought of giving everything up sometimes. If he had, what would have made him change his mind.

For all I know- there was probably a very sweet poor woman who had married this man and she waits for him every evening. But still he must have to put up a struggle everyday to survive in this world.

To me, this man is truly great.

Comments

dharmabum said…
like they say sometimes, good things come in small packages.
A said…
dharmabum- Ha ha True! Very true!
SamY said…
** I wonder what makes him go on and on.

he'd proly be wondering the same about others ;) ... livelihood is not a struggle u know ... its an incentive :)

I guess for someone like us his life is a struggle ... ppl higher than us in the pyramid would think the same about us ;)

** For all I know- there was probably a very sweet poor woman who had married this man and she waits for him every evening.

LOL! Thats your perception of a sweet world huh. Or Proly hez happy to get a booze and go to sleep :p.

** But still he must have to put up a struggle everyday to survive in this world.

its not all struggle u know :) ... its life, and its worth it all

** To me, this man is truly great.

Every man is in his own right ... and am glad you mentioned "man" :D
Anonymous said…
fmgfijmr
Anonymous said…
It takes a lot to notice such people, and even more to write about them. something like the God of small things...
A said…
samy- I think this man is great because he is workin hard inspite of his physical disability. unlike some beggars on the road. It takes a lot to survive in this world as a normal person, so as a physically challenged it must be lot more difficult for him.
A said…
anonymous- thanks! btw have u read God of small things? Its a brialliant book.
Anonymous said…
wasn't such a brilliant book.. few phrases are very touching, and the book has been writted with admirable simplicity.

Popular posts from this blog

Chamathu, anyone?